Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mall Trip

I haven't been to the mall in ages. Truthfully, I'm not really a mall person, but this past weekend was just to unbelievably hot to do much else. Jeremy and I went to Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover, MD. This mall is great! Anything you need to find, you'll find there. (I went for the Lego store and the Quicksilver outlet.)

I bought these two great books at Books-a-Million. I had been stalking them on Amazon.com for a few weeks but hadn't committed to buying them. I've looked for them at our local Barnes and Nobel but they stink and never have what I'm looking for. Leave it to good ol' Books-a-Million to come through in the end! Jeremy even found his mag, Monster Children!

I just started reading Teardrops and Tiny Trailers yesterday. It's an awesome resource and is filled with great pictures. And Sisters on the Fly? Well let me just say I'm green with envy. Definitely take the time to check these books out.

In the Lego store was another great teardrop find. Side note - being a Lego artist must be the best job ever!

In the distance, a choir of angels sings...

Below each shelf, stocked with kits, were little peepholes into make-believe worlds. One of the dioramas was a couple on a lovely teardrop getaway. This made my day.

Look at the fire - and the marshmallows!

It looks like Yogi got into the garbage and is getting scolded by the park ranger.

Well, I hope everyone in the Mid-Atlantic is keeping cool. Beat the heat and reconnect with your inner child by pulling out your old Legos and building something, preferably while enjoying an ice cold margarita!

TOMT_sig

No comments:

Post a Comment