Monday, June 28, 2010

Etsy Monday

We went to Weller's, in Bridgeville, DE, yesterday night to take a look at utility trailers. I love going to car lots on Sunday evenings because they're almost always closed so you can browse around without a salesman lurking over your shoulder. We found tons of 5x10 trailers - our now agreed upon size. Some had slat beds and others had mesh bottoms. It makes sense to me to have a mesh bottom to protect the camper from the wear and tear of driving - but I haven't seen any built on that platform so far, just bare frames. Any opinions on this? I'm open to suggestions.

Changing gears, Etsy is my new favorite spot to look for vintage goodness. Who wants to spend the time and effort bidding on eBay items when you can just buy the stuff flat out? Over the weekend I did a search for vintage camping supplies. I found a few great things for the tear, window shopping of course. Check out the plastic spaghetti tumblers, Tupperware S+P shakers, the like-new camp stove. And who could ignore the greatest, most tacky find of the day? - the dashboard hula girl covered in silver glitter and faux fur!! I feel a trip to Regretsy coming on.


Hopefully we'll have some construction news to share soon!

TOMT_sig

No comments:

Post a Comment