Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Gathering Some Thoughts

While Jeremy plans out the design of the teardrop I've been using mood boards to put my decorating thoughts to "paper". Over at OlioBoard I put this together:

Created with OlioBoard

It's pretty good for a first draft. (Notice the very rad Chevy C10 - a magnificent tow vehicle if I do say so myself. If only she were mine. *sigh*) So, at least at this stage, the design is going to be very retro, very DIY. Lots of stitchery, homemade pillows, curtains, table cloths and as many vintage camping impliments as I can find. Remember those hourglass, Tupperware salt and pepper shakers? Yes. That old metal tea kettle? Want. Those enamel plates that have seen way too many family picnics? Perfect. That money tree better start producing this year! :)

Speaking of money, Jeremy and I took our first look at trailers a few days ago. We're still trying to decide on a size, 4x8 ft seems too small. That means that your sleeping quarters are only 4 ft wide. Seems a little tight. A standard queen-sized mattress is 5 ft. But we're looking at around $600+ for a new utility trailer. It's definitely something we'll have to research. Hopefully I'll find a good teardrop forum and ask around.

If you have any suggestions, leave me a comment.

Thanks for reading!

TOMT_sig

No comments:

Post a Comment